Functions of the IMET
The Metropolitan Taxi Institute (IMET) is an autonomous body dependent on the Barcelona Metropolitan Area (AMB). Its function is focused on the administration and management of taxi services in this area.
- To establish service standards.
- To award credentials and ID cards to taxi drivers.
- To establish the rules and conditions for the transfer of licenses.
- To determine the disciplinary system that applies to the service.
- To authorize vehicle models for application in taxi services.
- To regulate metropolitan inspections.
- To propose annual fares applying to taxi services to the Price Committee of the Government of Catalonia, after consulting with the associations representing the sector.