Rights and duties of taxi users
Concerning the use of the service
The taxi customer, in addition to the general rights recognised in consumer protection legislation, has a series of rights and obligations with regard to the use of the taxi service:
- At the rank
- Choose the vehicle which they wish to use for the service, except if there is a system of shifts established for reasons of organisation or fluidity of the service.
- Concerning the taxi driver
- Receive the service under basic conditions of equality, non-discrimination, quality, safety and preference within the requested shift.
- Be attended to during the provision of the service in the appropriate manner by the taxi driver.
- Be able to express themselves in any of the official languages.
- Be helped by the taxi driver to get in and/or out of the vehicle in case of reduced mobility.
- Receive assistance from the taxi driver in loading and unloading luggage from the luggage compartment.
- Concerning the vehicle
- Access a clean and tidy vehicle with a tidy driver.
- Choose the volume of sound and the temperature of the interior.
- Open and close rear windows and request the turning on or off of heating or air-conditioning systems. They may get out of the taxi if their requirements are not met.
- Know the taxi licence number and current fares.
- Get in or out of the vehicle in places where safety is guaranteed.
- During the service
- Choose the route that suits them best.
- Obtain an invoice or receipt stating all the details of the service: price, origin and destination of the journey; licence holder's tax identification number, licence number and vehicle registration number. It must also prove that the price of the service has been paid.
- Receive change for the payment of the service up to 20 euros.
- Formulate the appropriate complaints in relation to the service.
- Concerning companion animals
- Transporting a guide dog or other assistance dogs free of charge to persons with reduced mobility.